Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
During these unprecedented times, your health is our first priority. We know you may have questions and we want you to know that we are taking the following actions to ensure your safety. We have never been so grateful to have a spacious office building with the capacity to keep everyone safely distanced. COVID-19 is likely to be in our community for many months.
Since safety is our highest priority CMDRC has restructured our approach to care by limiting the number of patients in our building and providing fewer opportunities to be in contact with potentially contaminating items such as clipboards, pens and other forms.
To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, we are following the strict guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the NYSDOH. The Center for Menstrual Disorders has also created additional safety measures.
Below are some of the new protocols and changes you will experience:
- You will be asked to fill out all forms required for your visit and submit them online prior to your visit on your home computer or mobile device. The forms will be available online beginning Friday, May 15, 2020 and transmitted directly to our office so you don’t have to print them.
- You will be asked to put on a mask or face covering before entering our office.
- All patients for routine care will be encouraged to arrive without visitors. If you require a support person for a surgical visit, your support person may be asked to wait in the car until a staff member calls to meet him or her at the door and escort them directly to a hand wash station and then directly into the recovery room.
- You will be screened for symptoms while checking in for your appointment and escorted to a sink for a 20-second hand wash with antimicrobial soap before your visit. The same protocol will apply to your support person.
- Staff members will be wearing masks, shields (if needed), and gloves as appropriate to your visit and your circumstances.
- Meticulous infection control practices, including constant disinfection of all surfaces and hand washing.
- Washable plastic sofa and chair covers that can be sanitized.
In the meantime, don’t forget to wash your hands for 20 seconds at a time or use hand sanitizer when you don’t have access to hand wash, cough into your elbow, and refrain from touching your face. Continue to practice social distancing (at least 6 ft of distance between you and another person, check on your elderly neighbors, call your friends and family to check in, don’t hoard food OR toilette paper, and be kind. Take a break from watching the 24/7 coverage because that only increases anxiety!
To all of the patients who have been impacted financially, please don’t avoid us because you can’t pay your copayment. We are here for you no matter what. On behalf of the entire staff at CMDRC, we cherish our patients and we thank you for trusting us with your care! If there is anything we can do to make you more comfortable during your visit, please don’t hesitate to ask! In the meantime, please know that we wish you, your family and your loved ones the very best during this ongoing pandemic.