There has never been so many alternatives to hysterectomies!
Many hysterectomies can be replaced with other options including:
- Careful observation and non-surgical monitoring of the condition.
- Hormonal medication and Intrauterine Devices (IUDs) to control heavy vaginal bleeding
- Non-hormonal medication to control heavy vaginal bleeding
- Endometrial ablation and Endomyometrial Resection
- Myomectomy (removing fibroids that reside inside or outside of the uterine cavity)
- Uterine artery embolization or uterine fibroid embolization